Cheese balls are one of our favorite appetizers to make to bring to parties. And this particular one usually ends up being the highlight of the appetizer table! This Pecan Jalapeño and Gouda Cheese Ball has a combo of 3 cheeses, along with garlic, jalapeños, and chives and is covered in toasted pecans!
The 3-cheese combo
There are so many options of cheeses to add to a cheese ball, but we really love this particular 3-cheese combo. We combine equal parts of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese with grated mild gouda in this version and the combo is such a winner for flavor and texture.
Want to take your cheese ball to higher levels?
If you love the spicy life, you can use serrano peppers instead of jalapeños in this recipe. Often jalapeños vary in heat level and can range from very mild like a bell pepper to pretty hot - approaching serrano pepper levels. But serrano peppers are much more consistent, so we often use them to guarantee the heat level we prefer in our cheese ball.
Additionally, for another fun spice twist, you can toss your toasted pecans in 1 tablespoon of melted butter, then sprinkle 1-2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning over them and toss to coat.
We hope you enjoy this Pecan Jalapeño and Gouda Cheese Ball. If you give it a try, leave us a comment below and tell us why you love this recipe. Or tag us on Instagram @cooking_with_wine!
Looking for more appetizers for an upcoming party? Check these out:
- Hazelnut Honey Garlic Baked Brie
- Parmesan Risotto and Mushroom Ragù Phyllo Cup Bites
- Asparagus and Mushroom Cheese Soufflé Bites
- Caffè Mocha Lamb Lollipops
- Jalapeño and Smoked Gouda Bagel Dog Bites
Pecan Jalapeño and Gouda Cheese Ball
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild gouda
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted (see note)
- Heat a small saucepan of water on medium high heat until boiling. Add peeled garlic to water for 1 minute. Remove the clove from the water and set aside. The purpose of this is to make the garlic lightly less potent and overpowering.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, mascarpone, gouda, diced jalapeños, chives, and salt. Mince the garlic clove and add it to the bowl. Mix everything with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- With your hands, shape the cheese into two smaller balls, or one large ball.
- Spread pecans on a plate or piece of parchment paper. Roll the ball(s) in the pecans until the outside is coated. Serve and enjoy!
Do you love our recipes?
We work hard to provide you with delicious FREE recipes here on Cooking With Wine. If you love and value our content and want to support our efforts, you can contribute whatever amount you are comfortable with below.Buy me a coffee
We will continue to provide you with recipes no matter what, so there is no obligation to contribute! Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you for being part of our community! You are the reason we do what we do!