This beautiful winter cocktail will make you smile on the coldest of nights! The color looks like a wintery blizzard with enough blue to make you realize the sun is still out behind the storm. The look may be beautiful, but the taste is what we are here for, right? We know you will love this recipe for The Great 1908 Blizzard Cocktail!
What's in this cocktail?
The star of the show here is the Empress 1908 Gin. It is not only a very high-quality and delicious gin, but supplies the beautiful color of this cocktail.
The white chocolate liqueur balances perfectly with the striking Empress 1908 Gin, bringing just the right amount of sweetness to balance the lovely botanicals in the gin.
Adding a bit of Luxardo Maraschino Original Liqueur is subtle but rounds everything out perfectly. The vanilla extract is also a delicate touch and the flavor is necessarily in the background.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for The Great 1908 Blizzard Cocktail. If you give it a try, leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram @cooking_with_wine!
Looking for more tasty cocktails? Check these out!
- Frosted Cranberry Empress Gin Cocktail
- The Empress Maid of Honor
- Spiced Pomegranate and Rosemary Gin Spritz
- Chocolate Almond Autumn Negroni
The Great 1908 Blizzard Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1.5 oz white chocolate liqueur (we like Godiva)
- ¼ oz Luxardo Maraschino Original Liqueur
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- White chocolate shavings for garnish
- 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry for garnish (optional)
- Shake all ingredients except chocolate shavings in a shaker with ice. Pour into a chilled martini glass (use a strainer if needed to remove ice chunks as you pour). Grate some white chocolate right over the top of the glass, add a Luxardo cherry (optional) and serve!
Do you love our recipes?
We work hard to provide you with delicious FREE recipes here on Cooking With Wine. If you love and value our content and want to support our efforts, you can contribute whatever amount you are comfortable with below.Buy me a coffee
We will continue to provide you with recipes no matter what, so there is no obligation to contribute! Any and all contributions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you for being part of our community! You are the reason we do what we do!