We are officially in the dog days of summer and cannot step outside for a minute without needing a shower. To beat the heat, we've been making all the summer cocktails, and this is currently our favorite frozen concoction. Let me introduce you to the Peach Elderflower Frosé. This delicious and refreshing frozen cocktail packs all the flavors of summer in one glass! It has a whole bottle of rosé, elderflower liqueur, brandy, and fresh peaches! What else do you need??
What is a Frosé?
Let's start with the basics. A frosé is basically a frozen rosé! Think adult slushie, with a bit more booze. Similar to a sangria, but blended for the perfect frozen refresher.
Can I make this frosé without alcohol, or as a mocktail?
NO! The main ingredient is rosé wine. If you want something without alcohol, Google 'fruit smoothies.'
How many Peach Elderflower Frosé drinks will this recipe make?
This recipe will make approximately 5-6 large glasses, but don't fret if you feel like that is too many for you to enjoy by yourself on a Saturday afternoon. Although, they go down so easy, and I may or may not have proven that this is very possible. But, if you don't finish the whole recipe, these babies can be placed back in the freezer in an airtight contain and will last at least a week. Probably longer... so you can have these whenever your heart desires!
Can I use different fruit?
Definitely! And we encourage this! Especially if you aren't in the height of peach season, you could use a variety of berries and other fruit to make this amazing frosé. Additionally, you can mix fruit to make whatever flavor you want. The key is that the fruit needs to be frozen before using it so that you get that nice frosé consistency. And let us know if you do use different fruit in comments below and what type was your favorite.
We hope you enjoy this Peach Elderflower Frosé recipe as much as we do! If you give it a try, leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram @cooking_with_wine!
Peach Elderflower Frosé
- 5 peeled sliced peaches (frozen overnight)
- 4.5 oz Elderflower Liqueur (St-Germain)
- 2.5 oz brandy
- 3 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 bottle Rosé (750ml)
- The night before you plan to enjoy these, peel and slice 5 peaches. Place in a sealed bag or container and freeze overnight.
- The next day, mix the Elderflower liqueur, brandy, lemon juice and honey together. Place in the freezer to chill for 30 min.
- Add all ingredients, including the rosé, to a blender and blend until desired consistency. Add ice cubes for a thicker consistency if it is too runny.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh mint and peaches. Enjoy!